"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fueling the creative fire


Well, months really do pass by, don't they? Chugging along at a speed faster than my own eye can see. In one single blink another month whizzes passed me. Holy moly! I am looking forward to a s........l........o..........w down!!
I've chosen to revisit my blog. I've been inspired to submit writings to a favorite Internet spot of mine. With that lovely lady's acceptance of my work and her suggestion that "Do you have a blog? If you don't, you should." really sparked those creative forces that have been feverishly working for years now to COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!! It's exciting, exhilarating, inspiring, blissful. I'm so honored to be looked as creative by someone outside my box of friends, that, I truly must acknowledge that which I have been suppressing. We are all guilty of that. My husband, an extremely talented musician and songwriter, gets in the way of his own dream. I know several other highly talented people that could truly use a kick in the pants (like the one I got) and they would make amazing things happen. I feel like I would be wasting a real gift if I let this one slip by on account of me being lazy, incompetent, or uninspired.



My children inspire me. Food inspires me. My simple life in the wooded hillside we reside in inspires me. I am a fortunate being on this earth. What truly matters is what I make useful and what I give my energy to. Everything else is a drain. My family, our creative life, our gardens (come spring), our hope and desire for a completely fulfilling life, using up every bit of God given energy, creativity, and moxy. These are the things that matter.



My hope, for 2011, is to "know hope". To realize the dreams of my family and self and TO MAKE THEM HAPPEN. There has never been a better time than right this moment. I encourage anyone who might be reading this to "follow your bliss". "Know hope". Stare your dreams right in the face and say "It is time!"

2011 will be a wonderful year. I wish for you, as I wish for my family, a year full of family, abundance, growth, healing, and peace.

1 comment:

  1. oh you beautiful thing you! i love the way you seem to easilly make words flow...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...