"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Technology

 
Before this moment I would have considered myself a bit of a Puritan when it came to technology. We have a rather old television that is plugged in with only a DVD ( an upgrade from our VCR player that finally broke after more than a decade) player for the occasional movie watching we do as a family. We have no landline phone, no answering machines, no microwave, no gaming devices. We have a laptop that was a used hand me down and Tracphones that we put minutes on when we can.......that is until now! We are now the proud owners of an iPhone (thanks to my sister and her hubby)!

To say I felt a bit overwhelmed and confused is an understatement, I was truly and utterly lost! Where does one begin? Technology is far more advanced even from when I was a kid! I had become wary and distrustful of it all. I wanted to keep our children and ourselves as far from it as possible. It was like a scary monster that lived under the bed. You couldn't see it or understand it but you knew it was there.

I guess we've taken a leap of faith into an unknown realm by trusting that we can welcome technology into our lives in ways that we are comfortable without feeling as if we're being taken over by it.



I am, however, enjoying my new gift. Being a big family I enjoy having my calendars, to do lists, and reminders all in one spot and I like that they will actually remind me of something I most likely have already forgotten. I also really enjoy the many ways I am able to manipulate a photo. That with the added bonus of being able to stay in better contact with friends and family who are a bit more adept to the technological world than I.......for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...