"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Friday, January 4, 2013

First Friday

Well here we are, the first Friday of the New Year. It's been a full week so far! Surprisingly so, in fact; the beginning of a book has been written, art shows are being scheduled, new photography experiences are making themselves known, home school rhythms are shifting, and there seems to be an overall shift within our family culture that is quite satisfying. We're preparing to send off these last few days of reverance for another. Epiphany will come to closure on Sunday, we'll bake a cake to welcome the arrival of the Three Kings. Then, we'll spend the final hours with our beloved Nativity set before it gets loving packed away until next Advent. Thus begins the preparations for the multitude of lovely celebrations and festivals the will be upon us
 
On Fridays I like to visit and participate with The Magic Onions and their Friday's Nature Table but I'm taking a bit of a crafting break and enjoying these last few days of Christmastide. So instead, I'm playing along with a new fun link-up over at Life Rearranged. It's for cell phone photos and I'm sure as you may have discovered, I've become a bit of an IPhone junkie, particularly with the photo capabilities. I have always been interested in learning the art of developing photos and learning how to use a "real" camera. Well, I didn't, for various reasons, learn how so since I'm living in these modern times........when in Rome?!
 
life rearranged


 
These past few days have been bitter cold......Kiki especially as she refuses to keep a stitch of clothes on her wee little body! So, we've been drinking lots of hot cocoa!


 
Seraphina has begun to eat food. She has been asking for what seems like weeks but I've hesitated because she hasn't sprouted any teeth yet!!! I gave in and handed her a bit of banana! Her world was made and now she's eating bananas and sweet potatoes! I never ceases to amaze me at how fast these first few months go......*sigh*


 
 
As I mentioned above, it's been chilly, really chilly! Aside from the gallons of hot cocoa we've been consuming, we've also been piled under plenty of cozy blankets, all together. Charlotte, and this is one of those hard to believe things, has her first loose tooth! She'll be 5 on Monday.......my older two didn't start loosing teeth until they were 6/7!!! She's always been a bit on the quick to grow side but yikes!!! Slow down, baby, slow down!!!!


 
We finally got a good bit of snow, finally!!! Last winter was pretty pathetic in that department. Snow games abound!!!!


 
And lots of sledding :)



 
Winter is such a lovely time to observe the world outside our window, I think. The trees are bare, showing their vulnerability. The colors are darker, the light more crisp.


 
Look at her sweet face. I just melt with complete love and adoration with those smiling eyes!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing bunch of photos. it is always shocking to me how quickly babies move past that "lump" stage and get so interested in life. it is freaking me out how my wee babe will be two at the end of the month... when did that much time go by?? have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...