"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Friday, January 1, 2010

Let the Voice within your Voice Speak

Yet it begins again. Another year has passed. Another one begins. Millions of people laugh for their slates are now clean. Millions of people weep because this scares the sense right out of them. I.....am both. However, as John Greenleaf Whittier has said "No longer forward nor behind I look in hope or fear; But, grateful, take the good I find, The best of now and here." So.....this is what I shall be. Grateful. Grateful for all that is now behind me and all that is sure to come.

It has been an interesting experience to feel the urge to write down my thoughts. I'm not one for sharing, typically, and I'm not used to the feeling of....maybe I DO have something to share. This process leading up to the start of my Consciousness Cleanse and the re-organization of my life has opened up a vacuum-sealed shut door that is now releasing all of my inner thoughts that have swirled around, aimlessly, for decades. Whew! I'm glad I have some time to sort it all out first before I need to have my wits about me!

Today is a new day, as every day is. There is something so romantic about January 1. So glorious. So mysterious. What shall I do different today. Or new.......

"And the scholar said, Speak of Talking. And he answered, saying:
And when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips, and sound is a diversion and a pastime. And in much of your talking, thinking is half murdered. For thought is a bird of space, that in a cage of words may indeed unfold its wings but cannot fly.
When you meet your friend on the roadside or in the market place, let the spirit in you move your lips and direct your tongue. Let the voice within your voice speak to the ear of his ear. For his soul will keep the truth of your heart as the tast of the wine is remembered. When the colour is forgotten and the vessel is no more."

This is an excerpt from the book The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran and is also the inspiration behind the name of this blog.

New and Different. Well, one could always speak in a new tone or with different meaning. I know I could. Many a time has someone mistaken what I've said for something that wasn't intended. Sadly, because I would never set out to hurt someone with my words.....and I know I have. Today I will seek to speak with new meaing and a different tone. One that is more thoughtful and meaningful. I will look my husband in his eye when I tell him I love him. I will greet those I know and those I don't with a smile and a warm hello. I will begin a conversation for once with someone just because I want to.....over nothing, maybe just a "What a beautiful day today. Happy New Year!" Why not! What do I have to lose except maybe that little frown line between my eyes.

Living sure is a LOT of work, but isn't it worth it? Otherwise.....well......hmmmmm

Anyway, won't you join me? Join me in speaking with thought and meaning. Join me in having a different way to communicate with those among us. It can only make our lives that much more enriched and worth living.

~ Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...